Thermostats are an essential part of your reptile keeping equipment as they help remove the risk of heaters getting too hot and keep your pet at the correct temperature.
A thermostat used correctly will:
- Allow you to actively control the temperature of your pets enclosure.
- Ensure the correct temperature range for your pet allowing it to thermoregulate correctly
- Prevent the dangerous overheating of heaters which can lead to the death of your pet, or even a fire
- Create the correct environment to ensure successful synthesis of vitamin D.
- Help you to meet your obligations under the Animal Welfare Act
What you need to know:
- Always use a thermostat to control any heating source used to keep a pet reptile, amphibian or invertebrate
- Use the correct thermostat for the heating used; pulse proportional for ceramics
- Ensure that the thermostat is set correctly
- Ensure that the probe is positioned correctly to give the correct control
- Choose a thermostat designed for use with reptiles and a reputable brand
We’ve included a download with the above information on for you to save and keep. You can why you need a thermostat from repti-lisious.
If you’d like to talk to us about thermostats, the best one for you and how to use it you’re more than welcome to drop into the shop in Rock Ferry, we’d love to see you in person!
The address and phone number can be found here on our contact page on our website.
Remember you can sign up for our monthly newsletter here which has tips and information about how to keep your pets healthy and the latest offers on thermostats.